Motion Controls Robotics Forms Strategic Partnership with Combi Packaging Systems
Motion Controls Robotics, Inc., Fremont, Ohio, announced a strategic partnership with Combi Packaging Systems LLC, Canton, Ohio, to integrate robotic pick-and-place technology with ergonomic hand packing equipment.
As a result of this partnership, they are launching a new automated case packing product called the Ergobot, an automated version of Combi's Ergopack ergonomic hand packing station. Motion Controls Robotics will apply its expertise in robotic packaging, case packing and palletizing to expand the ability of both companies to fully automate case packing and packaging tasks.
"The collaboration between Motion Controls Robotics and Combi will give customers of existing or new ergonomic hand packing stations the opportunity to fully automate case packing operations," says Scott Lang, president of Motion Controls Robotics. "We can create retail-ready packages and perform case packing tasks that are difficult, ergonomically challenging or unsafe for humans."
Benefits of the Ergobot robotic case packer include:
• Lean operations
• Increased throughput and reliability
• Vision technology to improve quality control and enable 100% product tracking and traceability
• Lot verification and serialization
• Easily accommodates variable pack counts
• Integrated case erection and taping
• Increased packing rates with multiple robots
• Multiple product packaging with manual or automatic robot tool change and menu-driven product selection
"Motion Controls Robotics' deep experience in robotic material handling together with Combi Packaging's market leading manual pack station technology are a perfect complement to each other," says Tim Ellenberger, executive vice president of Motion Controls Robotics. "We form an unparalleled team offering proven products to deliver flexible, automated solutions for diverse case packing requirements."