- THE MAGAZINE
- FOOD MASTER
When it comes to sustainable supply chain efforts, some companies waver and falter. Whether it’s too many steps, too heavy of criteria or too costly to employ, it takes a lot of responsibility to become, well, responsible.
However, to other companies, operating according to a sustainable corporate responsibility structure is more than just a report that’s issued every year—it’s the only way to do business.
Nominate your company or a refrigerated and/or frozen foods processor/customer today for Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ annual Sustainable Supply Chain of the Year award. Whether it’s showcasing significant supply chain carbon reduction, optimizing a supply chain network, enhancing logistics and transportation models or increasing “green” awareness through internal corporate sustainability programs, this award honors a cold food processor-shipper for year-over-year carbon footprint reduction.
The criteria includes:
- Must be refrigerated and/or frozen foods processor.
- Must showcase studies/reports/data of significant supply chain carbon reduction, supply chain network optimization, enhanced logistics and transportation models, increased “green” awareness through internal corporate sustainability programs and more.
- Must be available for executive interviews either in person or by phone/email.
- The winner will receive a plaque and appear on the cover of our May 2013 issue (both in print and in digital format). The winner will also be promoted in Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ promo materials and social media channels.
- PLUS, the winner can accept their award in person during a presentation at this year’s Food Logistics Forum, co-hosted by the Global Cold Chain Alliance and the American Frozen Food Institute. The 2013 Food Logistics Forum, which takes place June 2-4 in Las Vegas, provides a venue for frozen food industry leaders from production, foodservice, retail and 3PL providers to network and learn about ever-changing logistics landscape. To register for the event, go to www.affi.org.
Previous winners of the Sustainable Supply Chain of the Year award include Pilgrim’s Pride Corp. and Fresh Express (2012) and Butterball and Heinz North America (2011).
To nominate your company or a customer, go to http://bit.ly/WGEhg6 and fill out the online nomination form. Submissions due March 15.