The Conference Board of Canada's 3rd Canadian Food Summit 2014: From Strategy to Action is taking place March 18-19, 2014 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. As part of the NSF-GFTC mailing list, you are able to attend the Summit at the reduced rate of $495 - use Rebate Code PRM26 when registering to receive the rate.
Join us for the launch of the Canadian Food Strategy as the plans for its implementation by sector stakeholder groups are unveiled. For each of its five elements (industry prosperity, healthy food, food safety, household food security, and environmental sustainability), the completed Strategy sets out: goals; outcomes; actions and initiatives; leads; and metrics. Each delegate will receive a copy of the Strategy and is invited to discuss implementation plans in subsequent Summit sessions.
To view the full agenda and session details, visit the Summit webpage.
- James Withers, Chief Executive, Scotland Food and Drink, Scotland
- Catherine Barnett, Chief Executive Officer, Food South Australia Inc.
- Paul C. Kelly, Director, Ibec, Ireland
- Andrew Raphael, Director, Food and Agricultural Processing, MNP LLP
- Ruth Salmon, Executive Director, Canadian Aquaculture Industry Alliance
- Lisa Skierka, President, Canadian Agri-Food Trade Alliance and General Manager, Alberta Barley Commission
- Maarten J. Schans, Senior Advisor, Agri-Food, Netherland Foreign Investment Agency
- Dr. Michael Bloom, Vice-President, Industry and Business Strategy, The Conference Board of Canada
- Dr. Sylvain Charlebois, Associate Dean, CME, University of Guelph
- TJ Flood, Senior Vice-President, Marketing, Canadian Tire Retail, Canadian Tire Corporation
- Daniel Germain, Founding Present, Breakfast Clubs of Canada
- Dr. Ralph Martin, Loblaw Chair, Sustainable Food Production and Professor, University of Guelph
- Patrick James McGuinness, President, Fisheries Council of Canada
- Sheila Murray, Former Director, Food, Starbucks Coffee Canada
- Charles Pillitteri, Chief Executive Officer, Sales, Pillitteri Estates Winery
- Jamie Reaume, Executive Director, Holland Marsh Growers' Association
- Denise Zaborowski, Manager, Domestic Marketing Unit, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food
Take advantage of the opportunity to contribute to the implementation and tracking of the Canadian Food Strategy and the new food agency that will be designed as a consultative centre of food knowledge and high level engagement. Hear about the development plans for the food agency and how you, and your organization, can be a part of this exciting next step for food in Canada.