- THE MAGAZINE
- FOOD MASTER
Time is running out to register for the premier event for food and nutrition professionals—the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ 2012 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo, held October 6-9 in Philadelphia, Pa.
**Register to attend as media and provide your audience with an up-close look at the latest food and nutrition research and its everyday applications, consumer trends, current developments in policy and legislation, and the most recent consumer food and nutrition education initiatives.**
Highlights of the Academy’s 2012 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo include:
• An Opening Session keynote address from Dean Karnazes who TIME magazine named as one of the "Top 100 Most Influential People in the World" and Men's Fitness calls the fittest man on the planet. (Oct. 6 at 4 p.m.)
• White House Assistant Chef and Senior Policy Advisor for Healthy Food Initiatives, Sam Kass, will join registered dietitian and Associate Director of Policy & Events at Let's Move! Office of the First Lady, Marissa Duswalt, to highlight the collaborative work of the Academy on the Let’s Move! initiative across the country. (Oct. 8 at 3:30 p.m.)
• A look at the rise of food allergies and intolerances, how they differ and how to provide an accurate diagnosis (Oct. 9 at 8 a.m.)
• A debate between industry representatives and whole food advocates on processed versus whole foods, their impact on dietary patterns and the influence of RDs in this area (Oct. 9 at 12 p.m.)
• A Closing Session keynote address from Erik Weihenmayer, the only blind man in history to reach of the summit of Mount Everest and one of TIME magazine's Top 10 most inspirational keynote speakers (Oct. 9 at 2 p.m.)
FNCE provides you with access to more than 8,000 registered dietitians, including the Academy’s media spokespeople, plus nutrition science researchers, policy makers, health-care providers and industry leaders. You can attend special media-only briefings, along with more than 100 research and educational presentations, lectures, debates, panel discussions and culinary demonstrations.
Also, be sure to set aside plenty of time to visit the Expo Hall,opening Sunday, October 7, where you can meet face-to-face with company representatives to update you on the latest technologies, discover new and innovative products and services and uncover emerging trends in the nutrition industry.
Follow @eatrightFNCE on Twitter and “attend” the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo event on Facebook for the latest news about FNCE 2012. For more information, call 800/877-1600, ext. 4769 or 4806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academy’s Strategic Communications Team looks forward to seeing you in Philadelphia!