Silliker, Inc., a Chicago-based network of food safety testing and consulting laboratories, debuted its new Silliker Solution Center, a 71,000-square-foot facility that’s been dubbed the flagship laboratory for North America.
The Silliker Solution Center is home to both the Illinois Analytical Lab and the Food Science Center. Built to meet today’s global testing demands and with future growth in mind, the Silliker Solution Center includes:
• Expanded analytical chemistry capabilities underscored by significant investment in new cutting-edge instrumentation.
• Advanced nutritional chemistry testing for composition and nutritional labeling.
• Increased profile of chemistry testing methods for current and emerging chemical contaminants.
• State-of-the-art microbiology testing and serology expertise.
• Enhanced capabilities for contract research programs, including shelf life and challenge studies.
“The opening of the Silliker Solution Center is consistent with our global strategic plan to provide our valued customers with the highest level of service from operations based on the latest technologies and instrumentation, combined with a dedicated team focused on operational excellence,” says Philippe Sans, president and CEO of Mérieux NutriSciences Corp., Silliker’s parent company.
Construction on the $14 million dollar facility was completed in August 2012, and utilized advanced workflow design to maximize efficiency and minimize any potential for contamination.
“This is a major milestone for Silliker operations in North America,” says Johannes Burlin, president of Silliker North America. “The Silliker Solution Center significantly enhances our ability to deliver practical and innovative solutions for food safety and quality management throughout the food supply chain.”
More than 200 employees from the company’s former Chicago Heights, Ill., laboratory and South Holland Food Science Center now occupy the Silliker Solution Center, located in Crete, Ill.