Repeater Node Technology for Added Redundancy
AvaLAN Wireless, Madison, Ala., announced the development of its new repeater node technology, which is a ‘mesh-like’ system that provides both redundancy and additional reach for wireless networking.
The repeater node system helps extend range by connecting several repeaters, enabling hopping from device to device. The repeater node system also provides carrier-strength redundancy through multiple networking paths. This means, if one connection goes down, it will be instantly re-routed.
Additional features include:
· Maximum legal transmit power – 1 Watt
· Store and forward repeater to extend star configuration to additional areas.
· Maximum of 10 nodes and 4 hops.
· LEDs showing signal strength and network activity.
· Built-in lightning arrestors.