Mechanical Order Picking Device
UNEX Manufacturing, Inc., Lakewood, N.J., announced Pick-Plank, a mechanical order picking device that affixes to a pallet and converts each pick slot from a static to a dynamic storage position, allowing all items on a pallet to be accessible from the aisle.
Suitable for case picking less than full pallet from a man aboard order picker, Pick-Plank eliminates the need for the picker reach or crawl into the storage position. UNEX Pick-Plank improves space utilization in the warehouse, provides a safe and ergonomic pick and increases pick rates.
The Pick-Plank is made of industrial steel that holds up to 1,200 pounds. Once items in the front are picked, the worker unlocks the guide and easily slides the back half of the pallet to the front position, moving all products to the front of the aisle, making for a quicker and easier pick procedure.
Additional features include:
· Retrofits to any standard GMA pallet, so it easily installs on most pallets.
· Solid surface carrier allows typically un-conveyable items due to packaging, shape and size to be carried.
· Locking, self-contained pull bar stabilizes loads during transportation.
· Movable carrier allows rear half of load to move to the front, allowing workers to pick products more ergonomically with minimal reach. It eliminates the need for entry clearance and maximizes storage density.
· Roller bearing carrier slide pulls items forward with gentle force.
UNEX Manufacturing, Inc.