RLS Logistics, Newfield, N.J., announced plans to open a new Central New Jersey Logistics Center in Delanco, N.J., in the fall.
This new 180,000-square-foot facility will provide the optimum environment for refrigerated and frozen inventory, including:
- Close proximity to Philadelphia and New York/New Jersey ports, Interstate 295, the New Jersey Turnpike (Exit 6 Florence) and the PA Turnpike.
- Flex space allows for food processors to co-locate and save on transportation costs. The manufacturing/production/distribution flex space is available in an adjacent 245,000-square-foot facility.
- New construction allows RLS to build to the newest standards, adhering to food safety requirements.
- Tax Incentives GROW NJ—the site is located in the South Jersey Port District. Logistics and/or manufacturing businesses may qualify for MEGA project status and receive several million dollars per year in tax credits. PILOT 20-year tax abatement program with local municipality.
- Acceleƒrate Consolidation Program eliminates the inefficiencies of using multiple logistics providers with national coverage, a guaranteed sailing schedule, guaranteed rates and an unlimited consignee base.