Fan speed controls
The color touch-screen Fan Commander control station from Rite-Hite Fans, Milwaukee, Wis., manages the operation of up to 18 high-volume, low-speed (HVLS) Rite-Hite fans. With the Fan Commander, users can optimize the year-round performance of strategically located HVLS fans throughout a single facility.
The intuitive and easily programmed Fan Commander adjusts the speed of HVLS fans to match winter and summer conditions. During winter, the correct fan speed produces even temperatures from floor to ceiling. An automatic and accurately controlled fan speed in summer results in a cool breeze when needed most.
The Fan Commander also contributes to operational efficiency since it eliminates the need to visit multiple fan locations to make adjustments. The control station is password protected to prevent unauthorized users from adjusting fan speeds.
Additional benefits include the ability to:
• control fan operation based on temperature within a facility;
• schedule fans to operate only when needed to save energy;
• view individual fan settings (on/off and speed);
• monitor energy use and troubleshoot various VFD fault codes from a single location; and
• use the optional modbus port for easy interface with networked computers, tablets or smartphones.
The Fan Commander can also be networked with building management systems, so users can coordinate the operation of the fans with other building functions. An internal battery retains custom settings in the event of a power failure. Control boxes used to relay signals to/from the main control station can be mounted up high on walls or columns to avoid damage and minimize the cost of wiring.