Hurricane-Resistant Cold Storage Doors
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems, Lawrenceville, Ga., announced that its TKO VertiCooldoor with wind load package received the Notice of Approval from Miami-Dade County for high-velocity hurricane zones, meaning they’ve been tested and approved to withstand hurricane force winds and tropical storms.
In order to acquire the hurricane zone approval, the TKO VertiCool door underwent a series of stringent tests to ensure it withstands pressures of +52 and -52 pounds per square foot, enough to remain intact through straight-line winds and hurricanes.
Highlights of the TKO VertiCool door with wind load package include:
- Heavy-duty, full opening-height, patent-pending polymer thermal break track with 12-gauge galvanized steel guides.
- Polymer track wrapped with energy-reflective foil fabric.
- 4-inch-thick closed cell XEPS foam panel provides R-23 for superior thermal protection.
- 48-inch-high panels that reduce the number of panel joints by 50% in comparison to industry standard 24-inch-high panels. Fewer panel joints ensure a better sealing door.
- Dual compression side seals are mounted to the door panel and removed from the impact zone when door is open, preventing seals from sustaining damage.
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems