J.O.Y., Pilgrim's to supply McDonald's
August 7, 2008
The Dallas Business Journal reported that private label pizza processor J.O.Y. Foods Inc., Dallas, formed a joint venture with poultry giant Pilgrim's Pride Corp., Pittsburg, Texas, to supply McDonald's chicken nuggets, patties and fillets. Terms provide for J.O.Y. Products Corp., a subsidiary, to hold 51 percent of a new joint-venture processing operation called Merit Provisions LLC. Pilgrim's Pride would control the remaining 49 percent of the business. Officials said their next step is to identify a plant location.