Frozen Meals for Two
May 7, 2012
The frozen aisle just got hotter thanks to Zatarain's new meals-for-two frozen entrees.
Ready in just 10 minutes, these New Orleans-style meals can be prepared in a skillet or in the microwave. Each 24-ounce entree contains premium meats, rice or pasta, fresh vegetables and the finest seasonings. They are available at select retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $6.99-$7.49.
The new varieties include:
• Blackened Chicken Alfredo-seasoned grilled white meat chicken and penne pasta in a zesty, creamy Alfredo sauce.
• Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya-long-grain rice with seasoned grilled white meat chicken, Andouille sausage, onions, bell peppers and spices.
• Smothered Chicken and Rice-seasoned grilled white meat chicken and long-grain rice in a rich brown sauce with broccoli and red bell peppers.
• Beef and Mushroom Pasta-the perfect blend of ingredients, with seasoned beef, mushrooms and twisted pasta ribbons in a creamy sauce.
"We are excited to add Zatarain's Meals for Two to our already robust line of flavorful frozen entrees," says Jennifer Young, marketing manager for the New Orleans-based company. "Even with today's hectic schedules, new Meals for Two make it easy for family and friends to spend less time cooking and more time connecting over a delicious meal."
Zatarain's also added two new single-serve varieties, available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.49.
• Chicken and Mushroom Risotto-savory roasted chicken, marinated mushrooms and wild rice in a creamy garlic butter sauce.
• Big Cheesy Pasta-creamy cheddar cheese sauce with broccoli, carrots, red bell peppers and pasta.
These entrees are microwaveable, carefully crafted with unique, high-quality ingredients and special blends of spices and are ready in just four minutes.