Sara Lee Foodservice, a division of The Hillshire Brands Co., Downers Grove, Ill., released six new sausage varieties in honor of Oktoberfest.
“Sausage is an iconic element of Oktoberfest. It complements the customary microbrews, and is a dynamic protein that can be used in breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes,” says Chris Kline, executive chef, Sara Lee Foodservice. “Its versatility also creates an opportunity for operators to adapt their menu offerings based on their patrons’ palates, which differ based on regional preferences.”
The new Hillshire Farm sausage products include:
• American-Style Bratwurst, seasoned with coriander, pepper and onion and available in cooked or raw links.
• Andouille Smoked Sausage, made with onions, peppers and seasonings and available diced or in rope.
• Chorizo Sausage, flavored with chili pepper, paprika and cumin and available diced.
• Spicy Fajita–Flavored Smoked Sausage with Monterey Jack Cheese, which features spicy fajita seasonings and creamy Monterey Jack cheese; available in links.
• Spicy Italian-Style Smoked Sausage with Mozzarella cheese, which delivers authentic Italian spices and cheese and is available in links.
• Galileo Rustic Recipe Sweet Italian Sausage, made with a three-pepper blend, whole fennel seeds, anise, garlic and paprika. It is available in rope, links or bulk.
Sara Lee Foodservice also created Oktoberfest merchandising kits for operators. The kits provide more than 50 pieces of ready-to-use marketing materials, including posters, banners, streamers, table tents, and more.