Minneapolis-based Thermo Fisher Scientific developed an easy-to-use x-ray detection platform, designed to enable food processors to meet the global demand for more thorough inspection for product contamination.
The Thermo Scientific NextGuard system combines performance, simplicity-of-use and price point to make state-of-the-art x-ray product detection more affordable for food applications. The NextGuard is said to offer up to 50% better detection sensitivity than Thermo Fisher’s previous value-based x-ray system, the EZx. NextGuard is a compact (1-meter-long) system that comes equipped with intuitive software.
Additional features include:
• Multiple contaminant detection algorithms to increase detection probability.
• Ability to modify, test and change detection parameters on the fly.
• QA check mode, automating operator audits and record keeping.
• Multiple X-ray powers with low-cost extended warranties.
• Wrap-around detector intended to reduce “blind spots.”
• Built-in internet remote support hardware and software.
• Easily removable conveyor facilitating quick cleaning and service.
• Detector diagnostics warn when preventative maintenance is needed.
• On-machine reject image storage for up to 90 days.
The series’ first model, the NextGuard C330, is designed for packaged product contaminant detection and complements the mid- and high-end Thermo Scientific Xpert and POWERx x-ray inspection systems currently operating in plants around the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Product Inspection