Wildeck, Waukesha, Wis., unveiled a new fully-integrated VRC system that incorporates automated flush-mounted conveyors with a straddle or 4-post vertical reciprocating conveyor and Wildeck overhead safety gates at each level.
The new FlexLoader material conveyor system incorporates the company’s full-featured AutoSenz D-Series Overload Detection System with automated horizontal loading and off-loading conveyors. The overhead safety gates are located at the in-feed and discharge points, thus protecting workers from the equipment and open shaft-way and preventing loads from being inadvertently pushed into or down the shaft-way.
FlexLoader sequence of operation:
• Materials are inducted/loaded with a pallet jack or fork truck.
• Safety gate is manually closed.
• Load is transferred to the next level.
• Safety gate is manually opened at the receiving level to off-load the pallet.
Standard control package includes:
• Call/send stations at each level.
• Wildeck’s patented AutoSenz “D-Series” overload detection system with full diagnostics and programmable service reminder.
Signaling system (lights and/or alarms) is available to warn that:
• System is in “Auto Mode”
• System is in “Manual Mode”
• System status
• Errors or faults
Separate “inbound” and “outbound” lanes can be set up at each elevation to provide:
• “C-Load” “Z-Load” or “H-Loading” patterns
All components of the system (VRC, safety gates and perimeter guarding):
• Are designed for heavy automation duty.
• Utilize state-of-the-art, but cost-effective controls and devices.
• Are designed with safety in mind.