Hannaford Supermarkets, Scarborough, Maine, unveiled its largest and most innovative supermarket ever.
The 68,000-square-foot Bedford Hannaford Supermarket & Pharmacy in Bedford, N.H., represents a new design concept for the grocer.
"The Bedford Hannaford will surprise and delight customers," says Suzanne Riel, store manager. "Many departments at the Bedford Hannaford will operate almost like specialty shops within the supermarket, offering huge product selections and free services."
- Customers will be have access to made-to-order food, such as burritos, stir fry, fresh-baked pizza, gourmet grilled cheese, custom salads and sandwiches and other offerings that they can take out or enjoy in the Hannaford Kitchen and Café.
- Shoppers can order their groceries online and pick them up curbside through Hannaford to Go. The pharmacy offers drive-through service as well.
- A 700-square-foot community room will be made available to non-profit groups looking for meeting space.
- Associates in produce, bakery, meat and seafood will offer individualized, free services such as cutting particular fruits and vegetables at the customer's request; providing free spice rubs of meat and seafood; freshly squeezing orange juice; slicing fresh-baked loaves of bread to order; and other services at no charge.
- In the specialty cheese shop, mozzarella will be made fresh daily, wheels of cheese will be cracked, cheese will be cut to order and the extensive selection of items will be informed by certified cheese professional Deborah Webster.
· The brew room will offer a huge selection of more than 230 kinds of craft beer and a bomber station with more than 50, while the wine selection of more than 900 bottles will be guided by Ralph Hersom, an award-winning sommelier.
"The décor of this store will be completely new and reflects our commitment to the local community and producers, our roots as a northern New England grocer since 1883 and our focus on high-quality, fresh food," says John Fifield, director of operations for the Manchester, N.H., area. "The store layout draws from the latest research about how we make the shopping experience easier for customers."
The new store will have 40 more associates for a total of 175 full- and part-time jobs.
"When customers enter the store, they will see beautiful images of Bedford because we wanted to emphasize that Hannaford is as committed as ever to our local food pantries, schools, farmers and other community partners," Riel says. "We are excited to show the whole Bedford-area community all that their new store has to offer."
Report Abusive Comment