Moe’s Southwest Grill, Kellogg partner to deliver Southwestern-style breakfast items
Moe’s Southwest Grill, an Atlanta-based fast-casual restaurant, teamed up with Kellogg Co., Battle Creek, Mich., to bring bold Southwestern flavors to the frozen food aisle.
Dubbed as the first-ever grocery line of breakfast products, Moe’s Breakfast Bowls contain a minimum of 12 grams of protein and feature meats raised without hormones and no artificial flavors or colors.
Inspired by the chain’s burrito and bowl varieties, Moe’s Breakfast Bowls come in:
- Chorizo & Eggs. Spicy and zesty, this bowl provides a blend of fluffy eggs, cilantro lime rice, hormone-free pork chorizo and black beans, pico de gallo and queso sauce topping.
- Chorizo Benedict. This bowl features fluffy eggs, Yukon gold potatoes, hormone-free pork chorizo, pico de gallo, jalapeno lime hollandaise and avocado.
- Southwest Vegetarian. This meat-free bowl still boasts 12 grams of protein and features fluffy eggs, pinto and black beans, cilantro lime rice, salsa verde, roasted tomatillo salsa fresco, queso fresco and avocado.
- Chicken Chilaquiles. Medium kick with a whopping 17 grams of protein, this bowl features fluffy eggs with hormone-free pulled chicken atop a bed of tortilla chips and pinto beans with salsa, queso and cilantro.
- Huevos Rancheros. Featuring a fried egg, corn tortilla and black beans, this bowl provides 14 grams of protein and mild spice with salsa rojo, pico de gallo, queso fresco on top.
“We are thrilled to increase access to the delicious experience of Moe’s through the debut of Moe’s Breakfast Bowls at supermarkets nationwide,” says Kat Cole, chief operating officer and president, FOCUS Brands, the parent company of Moe’s. “The Southwest flavor profile is growing in appeal, but until now, not widely available in the breakfast category. Moe’s Breakfast Bowls are meeting the demand for better-for-you, flavorful options for a high protein breakfast or breakfast-as-snack option.”
“This is an awesome opportunity to expand our brand and bring options to consumers looking for satisfying morning meals that are also big on flavor and quality,” says Bruce Schroder, president, Moe’s Southwest Grill.
Moe’s Breakfast Bowls are available in the frozen food aisle of grocery stores, including Walmart, Giant Eagle and Wegman’s nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.49.