Sæplast, Canada, developed what is dubbed as the next-generation wet storage container for oysters, clams and mussels.
The Sæplast 405 liter PUR multi-purpose wet storage container is ideal for the storage and purification of live oysters, clams and mussels, and maintains an even flow of water, resulting in the perfect oxygenation of each individual shellfish.
Plus, the new container offers a capacity of 400 liters, meeting market demands to handle multiple shellfish species at the same location.
The 405 features a unique patented water flow design with corners that are exchangeable, enabling them to incorporate different perforations or even no openings. In addition, the corners can be removed and cleaned separately, if required, for enhanced hygiene and food safety.
Benefits and attributes include:
- Radical breakthrough with ingeniously designed integrated water channels.
- A water circulation system designed to achieve maximum flow and water renewal.
- An integrated grid waste separator.
- Fast release plugs for rapid emptying.
- Emergency air inlet castings for use in the event of a failure in water flow.
- The 405 operates without the need for any external pipe or drain connections.
- Equally at home in both closed and open-circuit systems.
- Stacks with the pre-existing 705 container.
The Sæplast 405 is manufactured in durable polyethylene and polyurethane, and can be personalized with customer logos and specified with a variety of tracking options such as barcodes, QR codes and RFID tags.