2018 Best New Retail Products Contest
Welcome to our sixth annual Best New Retail Products contest.
Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ editor-in-chief Marina Mayer reviewed all of the new retail products published in print and online at www.RFFmag.com from August 2017 to February 2018. From the hundreds of products, she nominated 16 refrigerated and frozen foods and beverages to be named Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ sixth annual Top 5 Best New Retail Product.
How it works:
- Vote for your favorite new retail product.
- Users can vote multiple times, but only once a day.
- This voting page can be shared via email distribution list, social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and on company websites. Please be sure to tag us!
- Products were selected based on uniqueness to the market, packaging enhancements, on-trend flavor profile, consumer need and better-for-you ingredients. Products were NOT selected based off of samples. Seasonal, limited-time only or special-edition products not applicable.
- The Top 5 winners will publish in Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ July 2018 State of the Industry issue. The special report will include an online-only interview on new product development, industry trends and what’s to come in the future.
- Voting takes place March 5 through March 30 at midnight CST.
Thank you for your participation, but the voting for this year’s Best New Retail Products contest is now over. The Top 5 winners will be announced in our July 2018 State of the Industry report. Thank you!
Here are the nominees:
Arla Foods: Arla Cream Cheese Squeeze Tubes
Arla Foods, Basking Ridge, N.J., unveiled new Arla Cream Cheese Squeeze Tubes, available in Original and Strawberry.
Specially designed with children in mind, Arla Cream Cheese Squeeze Tubes feature a curved tube, ideal for a child’s hand.
B&G Foods: Green Giant Veggie Spirals
B&G Foods North America, Parsippany, N.J., introduced Green Giant Veggie Spirals, the latest in the brand's Veggie Swap-Ins line.
These spiralized vegetables are said to be an ideal alternative to pasta, offering fewer calories and fewer carbs per serving.
Baldor Specialty Foods: Veggie Side Kits
Baldor Specialty Foods, Bronx, N.Y., launched Veggie Side Kits under its Urban Roots brand, which are healthy, easy-to-prepare, plant-based veggie side kits.
Available in Chili Cilantro Cauliflower Rice, Tabouli Style Cauliflower Rice and Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower Rice these veggie side kits can be consumed as sides for two or a meal for one.
Buitoni North America: Refrigerated Vegetable, Herb-Infused Pasta
Buitoni North America, division of Nestlé USA, Solon, Ohio, introduced new vegetable and herb-infused refrigerated pastas in a pappardelle shape (flat pasta cut into wide ribbons).
This freshly made pappardelle cooks in just four minutes, and was inspired by the chefs at Casa Buitoni in Sansepolcro, Italy.