Pressure sensor for refrigeration market
Danfoss, Baltimore, Md., introduced the DST P100 pressure sensor, a robust pressure sensor, designed to withstand even the harshest application environments, making it suitable for refrigeration and air conditioning applications.
The DST P100 sensor is built with a robust, welded design, eliminating the need for an internal O-ring and reducing the number of potential leak points. The hermetically-sealed design provides excellent media compatibility and makes it compliant for today’s and future refrigerants. Plus, the physical properties of its piezo-resistive silicon allows for scalable performance, overpressure and burst pressure capabilities. Plus, self-diagnostic features allow for automatic sensor failure detection.
Additional features and benefits include:
- The sensor provides improved accuracy in a lower temperature range, allowing for a more efficient superheat control.
- The product packaging of the MEMS sensor and electronics allows for vibration resistance, thermal management and protection against moisture ingress.
- A “test-to-failure” method provides increased product specification and insight into product design. This method also allows for faster optimization and testing, improving time-to-market.
- The diagnostic capabilities help OEMs save on troubleshooting time and expenses, as more products integrate electronic capabilities.
- The new electronics platform enables OEMs to fine-tune the sensor performance specific to their application.