RFID forklift reader
Venture Research, Inc., Plano, Texas, announced the next generation of industrial forklift readers.
Designed from the ground up to withstand both indoor and outdoor harsh environments of forklift usage, this forklift reader achieves an IP65 rating while incorporating state-of-the-art RFID and Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
The swappable rechargeable Li-ion battery works on a standard type 2 or type 3 carriage forklift.
How it works is, the forklift reader senses its environment and autonomously completes the pick, drop and stack operations while providing store and forward transactions directly to the cloud via Wi-Fi or optional cellular communications. Built-in location tracking incorporating GPS, RFID and IoT provides positional awareness of the forklift in real time.
Key features include:
- Supports up to 8 additional antennas.
- Vehicle mount terminal (VMT) support.
- GPIO, CAN Bus interfacing.
- Flexible power options.
- IP65 rating protects from harsh environments.
- Integrated RFID reader and dual antenna array in a single enclosure.
- 12V-36V integrated power conditioner/regulator for forklift provided battery power.
- Integrated Li-Ion swappable rechargeable battery provides 9 hours of continuous use.
- Height sensor provides stacking and rack placement.
- Front-facing distance sensor for accurate pallet sensing.
- Visibility indication with red, yellow and green LED indicators.
- Built-in GPS.
Venture Research, Inc.