The Tortilla Industry Association (TIA), Arlington, Va., launched the International Flatbreads Federation (IFF), a new association focused on the flatbread industry designed to address manufacturing complexities, industry growth and support those that produce flatbreads commercially.
IFF will provide the industry with a platform to exchange information, share best practices, expand business networks and learn the latest in formulation advances and regulatory requirements.
IFF will operate in partnership with TIA.
“Flatbread is the most ancient original bread known to humans. Today, flatbreads make up the largest total in consumption of bread types worldwide,” says Jim Kabbani, chief executive officer of TIA and IFF. “It’s a big day for this growing industry segment, and we could not be more pleased to provide both industry professionals and suppliers the support, business tools and networking opportunities they need to be successful.”
IFF membership is open to producers of flatbreads as well as machinery or ingredients suppliers to:
- Learn the latest in formulation, regulations and best production practices.
- Become informed about the latest products, including machinery and additives.
- Identify challenges and create educational agendas taught by experts.
- Build business relationships by networking with flatbread bakers around the world.
- Exercise leadership and advocacy on IFF’s advisory board or one of its committees.
- Get the latest in market data and statistics, and more.
IFF will co-locate with the next TIA Annual Convention & Trade Expo May 1-2, 2020 at Harrah’s Southern California Resort & Casino, San Diego, Calif.