The National Meat Association and the North American Meat Processors Association joined forces to create a new organization named the North American Meat Association (NAMA).
The combination of the National Meat Association, Oakland, Calif., and the North American Meat Processors Association, Reston, Va., will be a new organization, named the North American Meat Association (NAMA).
NAMA is expected to officially begin operations on July 1. The organization will maintain offices in Reston, Va., and Oakland, Calif. It will start off with more than 700 member companies in the United States, Canada, Mexico and other countries.
NAMA’s officers include:
• Co-Chairs: Larry Vad, Ideal Meat & Provision; and Jeff Saval, Deli Brands of America
• Co-Presidents: Mike Satzow, North Country Smokehouse; and Marty Evanson, Jobbers Meat Packing
• Co-Vice Presidents: Mike Hesse, BPI Products; and Tony Gahn, Jr., Gahn Meat Co. Inc.
• Co-Treasurers: John Vatri, Cardinal Meat Specialists Inc.; and Brian Coelho, Central Valley Meat
• Co-Secretaries: Don Clift, Preferred Beef Group; and Joe Maas, JTM Provisions
The senior executive staff includes Barry Carpenter, chief executive officer, and executive director Phil Kimball.