Anthony “Tony” Walter Kunis, vice president of operations for Reser's Fine Foods, Beaverton, Ore., lost a valiant fight from pancreatic cancer, as he passed away at his home Nov. 20.

Tony was born Feb. 19, 1954 in Portland, Ore. He was one of five children born to John Lawrence Kunis and Imogene Lucille (Edwards) Kunis. He was united in marriage to Mary Sallee Smith on Oct. 25, 1980. They made their home in Tigard, Ore., and had two children, Rebecca and Emily. They divorced 10 years later in 1990.

He met his future wife Elaine while working at Reser’s. She was the staff accountant and Tony was the salad plant manager. They began dating, and after three years, they wed on March 30, 1996. They made their home in Tigard until 1998 when they moved to Topeka, Kan. In 2009, they moved back to Oregon, settling in Banks, Ore. Tony and Elaine had one child, John.

Tony worked in food manufacturing all of his life. First at Frito-Lay but most of his career was spent at Reser’s Fine Foods. He started as a plant manager and was later promoted to vice president of operations. Tony loved to spend time with his family. He also enjoyed collecting clocks, playing basketball, riding bikes and water sports. He was a fabulous cook and was good at home improvement projects. Tony was very charismatic and enjoyed dancing and singing.

He is survived by his wife, Elaine, three children—Rebecca Kunis and her fiancée Matthew Tuski both of Portland, Ore.; Emily Kunis of the US Navy; and John Kunis of Banks, Ore., three siblings and their spouses—Jonni and Tim Culligan, Thomas and Mary Kunis, Keith and Brenda Kunis and many nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents and a sister, “Pippi” Julie Smith Kunis.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Tony’s name to the Providence Portland Medical Foundation.

Recitation of the Holy Rosary will be said at 11 a.m. on Nov. 29 at St Pius X Catholic Church, 1280 NW Saltzman Rd in Portland. Funeral mass will follow at 11:30 a.m. Family and friends are invited to attend a reception following the mass held at the Parish hall.