Reser’s Fine Foods opens prepared salad plant
The new prepared salad plant will support sustained growth and position the company for future expansion.
Reser’s Fine Foods, Beaverton, Ore., opened the doors to a new 320,000-square-foot prepared salad plant in Topeka, Kan., that sits on more than 40 acres.
“Our partnership with this community goes back decades, so yesterday we not only celebrated our new plant, but also our continued commitment to the City of Topeka,” says Mark Reser, president. “The speed with which we were able to build this new facility is a testament to why it made perfect sense to expand our business here again; we all worked together toward a shared goal of long-term growth, for both the company and the community.”
The new prepared salad plant will support sustained growth and position the company for future expansion. The plant began full production on March 13, and is already exceeding daily production expectations.
During peak periods, the new plant will:
- Process 10-12 truckloads of potatoes per day.
- Process 2 truckloads of cabbage per day.
- Cook over a truckload of pasta a day.
- Process a truckload of celery and whole cooked eggs every other day.
- Make nearly 400 unique products.
- Shuttle 50-60 trucks a day to the distribution center, which in turn, will ship up to 70 truckloads a day across the United States.