The Hillshire Brands Co., Chicago, expanded its Jimmy Dean lineup beyond the breakfast category and into the lunch and dinner parts with 16 varieties of sandwiches and bowls boasting authentic slow-cooked flavors and high-quality ingredients.
New Jimmy Dean hearty sandwiches and bowls include:
• Pulled Pork Sandwich – slow-cooked pulled pork in barbecue sauce on a buttermilk biscuit.
• Hickory Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich –hickory smoked turkey with sharp cheddar cheese and sliced applewood smoked bacon on a soft country bun.
• Smoked Sausage Sandwich –smoked sausage paired with peppers and onions in a French onion sauce, topped with provolone cheese on a soft country bun.
• Beef Sandwich –shredded beef smothered in a smoky barbecue sauce on a soft country bun.
• Grilled Steak Bowl – a mix of grilled steak, golden potatoes, peppers and onions in a savory beef sauce.
• Smoked Bacon Mac & Cheese Bowl – a blend of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar cheese sauce with bacon.
• Pulled Pork Bowl –pulled pork smothered in barbecue sauce mixed with golden potatoes.
• Golden Roasted Chicken Bowl –golden roasted chicken mixed with golden potatoes, peppers and onions in a creamy herb sauce.
New Delights by Jimmy Dean sandwiches and bowls include:
• Smoked Ham Sandwich – two smoked ham sandwiches topped with sharp cheddar cheese on a pretzel bun.
• Pulled Chicken Sandwich – two home-style pulled chicken sandwiches in barbecue sauce on a honey wheat bun.
• Hickory Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich – two hickory smoked turkey breast sandwiches with applewood smoked bacon and sharp cheddar cheese on a honey wheat bun.
• Pulled Pork Sandwich – two pulled pork sandwiches in a chipotle barbecue sauce on a soft pretzel bun.
• Golden Roasted Turkey Bowl – golden roasted turkey mixed with potatoes, carrots and celery in a creamy herb sauce.
• Three Cheese Pasta Bowl – a blend of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar cheese sauce.
• Hickory Smoked Ham Bowl – hickory smoked ham mixed with golden potatoes and peas in a creamy herb sauce.
• Southwest Style Grilled Chicken Bowl – southwest-style grilled chicken mixed with rice, peppers, onions, roasted corn and black beans in a Tex-Mex sauce.
“For years, it has been our promise as a brand to provide consumers with convenient frozen breakfast sandwiches and breakfast bowls that are full of flavor and made with high-quality ingredients. At a time when consumers are dissatisfied with the current lunch and dinner options available in the frozen aisle, we’re uniquely able to build upon our expertise in breakfast and bring new, flavorful options that consumers can enjoy at lunch, dinner or even snack time,” says Eric Schwartz, group vice president and general manager, Jimmy Dean brand.
The sandwich offerings utilize a patented Heat Fresh microwavable pouch, which makes it possible to heat the frozen sandwich in a single step right inside the package.
“Jimmy Dean is no longer just for breakfast, and the launch of the new lunch and dinner offerings marks the biggest product launch in the brand’s history,” Schwarts adds. “We’re confident that each new product will deliver on our promise to provide consumers with great-tasting, quality food they’ll love.”
The new items are available in the frozen entrées section of grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $2.49-2.99 for the sandwiches and $2.99-3.49 for the bowls.