Food Logistics Forum Tackles Tomorrow’s Supply Chain Challenges
Building on the success of the 2014 Food Logistics Forum, this year’s event will provide two full days of robust educational resources and opportunities for attendees to build new business relationships and share best practices.
The 2015 Food Logistics Forum, hosted by the American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI), McLean, Va., will be held May 31-June 2 at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline Village, Nev.
At A Glance
What: 2015 Food Logistics Forum
When: May 31-June 2
Where: Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline Village, Nev.
Education sessions will examine the future of the logistics industry and focus on a variety of import and export transportation issues, including labor negotiations at West Coast port terminals, Food Safety Modernization Act regulations and warehouse efficiency programs.
Topics for this year’s agenda include:
- Trends and economics of the supply chain industry.
- West Coast ports—what happened, how was it resolved and what’s in store for the future.
- Overall trucking capacity in the marketplace and how to attract truck drivers.
- FSMA regulations and third-party audits.
- Hiring Millennials.
- Warehouse efficiency programs.
- The future of long-haul shipping options.
- The future of the logistics industry and how to attract new talent.
- The future of retail shopping.
- What it means to be the “Receiver of Choice” from a carrier’s prospective.
Also, Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ editor-in-chief Marina Mayer will present The Schwan Food Co. with this year’s Sustainable Processor of the Year award.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Schwan’s sustainable environmental efforts in home delivery fleet, direct-store-delivery systems and global supply chain and social responsibility.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from and network with industry colleagues representing all segments of the cold chain.
To learn more about the conference, go here.