COMERG, Phoenix, Ariz., unveiled new extraction and purification technology that’s dubbed to be a significantly better alternative to carbon dioxide (CO2).
The new low-pressure extraction (LPE) machine, called Atomic, is said to be safer and produces a higher yield than other carbon dioxide extraction systems. Atomic combines two separate carbon dioxide processes into one, while creating a significantly greater yield in a fraction of the time. For example, a 40-minute cycle vs. 120-minute cycle for a standard carbon dioxide process.
Additional features include:
· Higher yields on shorter run times with cleaner product result.
· Higher solubility of output for use in food and beverages.
· Able to handle fragile natural ingredients withless degradation.
· Low maintenance due better design and construction.
· Fraction of energy needed during processing.
· Organic with no solvent residue in the final product.
· Fire safe due to GRAS (generally recognized as safe) property of the solvent.
· Low pressure and high safety technology.
· Low-temperature liquefied gas extraction.
· Full solvent recovery with no production losses.
· Allows extraction of fresh and even moisturized product.
· Unique extraction method that keeps full flavor and aroma.
· Preserves the full nutritional significance of the ingredients.