Clear Labs, Menlo Park, Calif., unveiled Clear Safety, what is said to be the first end-to-end NGS-based food safety platform for high-volume routine pathogen testing.
Clear Safety combines state-of-the-art NGS sequencing, advanced microbiology, robotic automation, data science and software analytics to achieve 99.9% accuracy. The new platform collects hundreds of millions of data points per analysis that can be used to learn everything about a pathogen in a single test.
Key features include:
- Molecular profiling. Clear Safety enables deep molecular characterization of pathogens based on the information needed for any company’s safety program. From species to serotypes to whole genome sequences, food safety professionals get all the visibility they need in a single test.
- Multi-target analysis. Increase throughput by screening an array of pathogens in the same or different matrices in parallel.
- Automation. Robotic pipetting and sample barcoding reduce hands-on labor and error potential. Post enrichment, the process is fully automated.
- Superior accuracy. Clear Safety’s >99.9% accuracy reduces false negatives and positives.
- Fast turnaround time. All tests go from sample to answer in under 24 hours.
- Advanced software analytics. Clear Safety’s machine learning can predict risk, assess shelf life and spoilage and map strains to production facility sites via advanced environmental mapping.