Living Greens Farm, Faribault, Minn., launched a new product line of fresh air-grown salads and herbs using a fraction of the land and water used by traditional farms.
Living Greens Farms’ patented growing system is local to the Midwest with produce harvested and delivered within hours to local stores instead of shipping fresh greens thousands of miles across the country.
The packaged and clamshell lettuce offerings entail:
- Chopped Butter Lettuce. Soft, buttery and crispy lettuce is the perfect canvas for an anything-goes salad, as a burger garnish or with a simple vinaigrette.
- Romaine and Butter Crunch Blend. Sturdy, dark green leaves with crispy ribs balances crunch and cool.
- Leafy Green Chopped Romaine. Pre-chopped for a quick, textural and nutrient-rich meal or side dish.
- Caesar Salad Kit. This classic salad starts with chopped romaine and includes sourdough croutons, Caesar dressing and aged Parmesan.
- Whole Butter Lettuce. This mild, sweet and crisp lettuce is ideal in wraps, salads and sandwiches.
- Romaine Leaves. Crunchy and mild, Romaine is the go-to lettuce for Caesar salad or to be enjoyed grilled with olive oil and lemon juice.
The herbs and microgreens SKUs include:
- Fresh Basil. This culinary herb offers the fragrance of pepper, anise and mint and a sweet, yet savory taste that can be paired with pasta, meat dishes, fish and more.
- Micro Kale. This tender, earthy and sweet microgreen redefines the concept of baby kale – perfect for salads, sandwich, pizza or cracker toppings.
- Micro Arugula. This small green features a bold, nutty and slightly peppery flavor.
- Micro House Blend. A unique blend of mustards, lettuces, kale, cress, choi and cabbage with complex flavors.
“As one of the largest indoor farms in the world, we’re committed to providing high-quality air-grown produce throughout the Midwest,” says Dana Anderson, founder and CEO. “We envision a day where everyone in the U.S. has access to year-found fresh greens grown near you. Changing the world for the better starts with one person, one bite and one Living Greens salad at a time.”
Living Greens Farm’s new produce line is available at select retailers throughout the Midwest.