Survey reveals strength of sustainability among premium pet food purchasers
• 75% of consumers say they would feel more favorably toward a pet food brand that changed its packaging to be more sustainable.
Mondi, Jackson, Mo., presented the results of an in-depth premium pet food consumer survey.
The report, “Premium Pet Food Purchaser Survey Results: Trends, Behaviors and Insights Pet Food Manufacturers Can Leverage to Convert Consumers,” is based on research conducted by Mondi in partnership with Dow Chemical, Midland, Mich., in the first quarter of 2019.
The survey polled 605 premium pet food purchasers from across the United States. Here’s a snapshot of results:
- 75% of consumers say they would feel more favorably toward a brand that changed its packaging to be more sustainable.
- 80% of premium pet food shoppers are trying to reduce their impact on the environment.
- 82% seek packaging convenience or “solutions that make life easier.”
- 75% identified product freshness as an important packaging feature.