See your supply chain
It's a third-party logistics company with a four-part new product package. Greatwide Logistics Services, Dallas, says there are four distinct components to its new Managed Transportation Services (MTS) offering.
Officials say MTS provides superior visibility from pickup through delivery, along with centralized technologies to monitor and continuously improve operations across the supply chain.
MTS is based on a combination of Greatwide’s core capabilities: Dedicated, Brokerage and Warehousing. As one of the top providers of dedicated contract carriage nationwide, Greatwide also is a leading brokerage firm with a wide array of clients in the grocery, food and beverage, produce, fresh food, retail and industrial markets.
“We recently relaunched our company with a strategy of growth and expansion - and Managed Transportation Services includes the people, process and technology to help us do just that,” says Vincent Gulisano, chief customer officer. “MTS gives us the unique tools to quickly and effectively help a wide range of customers lower their costs and make strategic changes to the way they do business, and we look forward to working with them to drive those results.”
Greatwide is launching the MTS offering based on four key elements of competitive differentiation:
1. Measurement - extensive monitoring, tracking and analysis of data to allow the best decisions on mode optimization, consolidation and deployment of carriers, including private fleet, dedicated and unique hybrid combinations.
2. Capability - annual bids and mini-bids to expedite transportation procurement processes and eliminate manual processing, improving auditing and payment capabilities.
3. Transportation Savings - minimization of rates by making the least expensive mode choice based on service requirements and shipment weight/dimensions. Instant comparison of available options enables mode conversion, shipment consolidation, flow-through warehouses and other rate savings.
4. Greatwide Resources - unparalleled carrier capacity, along with proactive continuous improvement through best-in-class engineering and account management resources.
Gulisano says MTS operates through a 24-hour, 365-day Transportation Operation Center (TOC), where the company manages all transportation solutions, including procurement, planning, execution and distribution. The TOC also handles back-office functions such as billing, settlements and accounts receivable. With this single, comprehensive view of each customer’s supply chain, the Greatwide TOC team is able to leverage a combination of state-of-the-art technology and human capital to constantly evaluate all aspects of the supply chain and create customized solutions to improve all processes.
“Whether the economy is at an early stage of recovery or an artificial high, it’s never been more important to have the ability to manage transportation costs. The ultimate nightmare for any logistics executive is a lack of readiness for what comes next, especially if their competitors are prepared,” says Gulisano. “No one wants to be left behind, and that’s why we’ve been working on MTS for over a year. Some other companies offer transportation management services, but no one does what we’re doing - especially for companies that would rather avoid major investments in software and staffing.” -- Greatwide Logistics Services
(877) 355-6177 / www.greatwide.com