Vehicle Routing and Scheduling App
Paradox Software Consulting, Shelby, N.C., introduced the ParaTrans Router, a vehicle routing and scheduling application built specifically for the para-transit industry.
This router allows operators to focus more on running operations vs. figuring out the best way to route service calls and schedule vehicles. Interfacing with Microsoft MapPoint and ALK Technologies’ PC*MILER suite, ParaTrans Router provides superior mapping, geo-coding and path-finding capabilities.
Other routing features include:
- Optimal pick-and-drop sequencing (e.g., P1, P2, P3, D2, P4, D1,...), zone routing and handling of pickup and drop-off appointments with user-defined slack times.
- Resource scheduling function helps determine optimal schedule for vehicles and drivers. Scheduling provides visibility to work load for available resources and plan for additional service calls as appropriate.
- Options for mileage and time calculations, include proprietary PC*MILER and MapPoint to provide superior speed, mapping quality and flexibility.
- Outputs include summary and manifest reports, route maps, turn-by-turn driving directions and equipment utilization Gantt charts that offer text, geographic and spatial views of vehicle routes and schedules.
- Extensive data export options allow for interfacing with other systems.
- Quick and easy implementation.
Paradox Software Consulting