Impeller for Improved Mixing Applications
National Oilwell Varco (NOV), Dayton, Ohio, launched the new Chemineer JT-2 impeller, developed for superior blending in transitional flow in food processing facilities. This new impeller is used after conventional turbines have lost efficiency due to viscous effects and before the need for close clearance impellers.
The design efficiently moves material in one direction in the center of the tank and the opposite direction on the outside of the tank. And, an improved flow pattern greatly reduces recirculation zones, extends the blend times of other impellers and improves the top to bottom communication in the vessel.
· Up to 50% reduction in power draw for the same blending performance.
· 2-bladed impeller for easy installation into vessels.
· Design operates in either direction.
· Impeller between 70-90% of the tank diameter for improved heat transfer.
· Larger impeller diameter reduces the need for a close clearance impeller in the low transitional regime.