Lemon Grass and Star Ginger restaurants enter frozen food aisles with Southeast Asian cuisine
Lemon Grass Kitchen, Seattle, launched new better-for-you Southeast Asian cuisine in the frozen aisle.
Made from authentic recipes using premium ingredients, these creations were developed in an exclusive partnership with InnovAsian Cuisine, Tukwila, Wash.
“My life-long passion is to share the fabulous Asian flavors that I grew up loving. We prepare these frozen meals the same way we cook at home or in the restaurants – with love, passion and great care,” says chef Mai Pham, culinary director.
Traditional ingredients such as lemongrass, tamarind, cilantro, Thai basil, fish sauce, ginger and gochujang are used to create the bold flavors of the six varieties, including
· Lemongrass Chicken Stir-Fry: Made with 100% white meat chicken, crisp vegetables and authentic lemongrass and garlic sauce.
· Shrimp Pad Thai: Succulent shrimp, authentic rice noodles and crisp vegetables in an aromatic tamarind sauce.
· Korean-Style Grilled Chicken: Made with 100% white meat grilled chicken, crisp vegetables and a spicy, smoky gochujang sauce.
· Beef & Broccoli Noodles: Premium marinated beef strips, authentic wheat noodles and a savory dark soy sauce.
· Chicken Pad Thai: Made with 100% white meat chicken, authentic rice noodles and crisp vegetables in an aromatic tamarind sauce.
· Chicken & Broccoli Noodles: Made with 100% white meat chicken, authentic wheat noodles and savory dark soy sauce.
“For 17 years, InnovAsian Cuisine has offered meal solutions for busy families, and we’re excited to expand our presence in the growing frozen category with Lemon Grass Kitchen,” says Mark Phelps, president and co-founder of InnovAsian Cuisine. “Chef Mai Pham’s Lemon Grass Kitchen creations are the solution for on-the-go families who want delicious, convenient meals without ingredients people want to avoid, like additives and MSG. The authentic, bold flavors Chef Mai has created for home cooks to recreate in minutes are the perfect takeout alternative.”
Each signature dish is available in 20- to 22-ounce bags at grocery stores nationwide, including select Target and Super Target stores, and regional chains such as Meijer, HEB, Whole Foods, Cub Foods, Giant Eagle, Hy-Vee and Ingles for a suggested retail price of $6.99-7.99.