Litmus Automation, San Jose, Calif., released LoopEdge, what is said to be the world’s first ever edge-level marketplace for Internet of Things (IoT) gateways.
LoopEdge allows applications to be deployed on the edge, and provides an industrial driver marketplace that enables any gateway to interact easily with proprietary protocols from various vendors.
LoopEdge also features an application marketplace to deploy applications locally on the gateway, including analytics, data filtering, data processing, rules and alerts engine, database and more. Early tests have seen bandwidth costs cut by 40%.
No coding is required with its UI- and flow-based configurations, and it supports native cloud connectivity in both public and private marketplaces.
Additional features include:
- Easy driver distribution to a large number of devices (Ethernet IP, Modbus , Profinet etc.).
- Simple mechanism for adding and removing applications at the gateway level with configuration files.
- Advanced SSH tunnel to the device.
- LoopDataEnricher, which reduces 2G/3G/4G usage by 20%
- Provides 15-plus security controls.