Fresh Express re-launches Chopped Kit offerings in clean packaging
Fresh Express, Orlando, Fla., re-launched its Chopped Kit offerings in bold, clean packaging that highlight new perfectly sized leafy greens and an increased quantity of reformulated dressings and toppings.
The brand made these changes after talking to customers and finding out what changes were most important to them in terms of taste and experience. Among the top updates requested were smaller cuts of greens, more dressing and increased flavor.
The new varieties include:
- Asian. Increased amount of Asian Sesame Vinaigrette dressing with sesame oil, ginger and soy sauce, along with wonton strips and sliced almonds; the romaine lettuce or cabbage was left untouched.
- Sweet Kale. With more kale, this kid allows for a combination of roasted pumpkin seeds, sweetened dried cranberries and a new poppyseed dressing made with Greek yogurt.
- Sunflower Crisp. Perfectly sized, smaller romaine lettuce cuts and larger pieces of cabbage with an increase of Italian blend cheeses and more of the new onion citrus vinaigrette dressing with stronger hints of lemon and orange.
- BBQ Ranch. New nitrite-free bacon, dried sweet corn and an increased amount of new smokey BBQ ranch dressing mixed with cabbage and kale.
- Bacon & Bleu. The classic combination of bacon and blue cheese is enhanced with new nitrite-free bacon pieces and an increased amount of blue cheese in buttermilk dressing to better cover the perfectly sized pieces of romaine lettuce and cabbage.
- Southwest. An increased cut size of cabbage paired with smaller cuts of romaine lettuce dressed with a zesty jalapeno ranch Greek yogurt dressing.
- Chipotle Cheddar. Trans-fat-free tortilla chips, an upgraded spicy chipotle Ranch dressing with more chipotle peppers and spices and perfectly sized romaine lettuce and cabbage.
“Developing products that our customers love is our goal, and we’re thrilled we were able to reinvent our Fresh Express Chopped Kits to provide consumers what they are looking for in fresh, convenient and tasty salads,” says Michael Golderman, marketing brand leader for Fresh Express. “We have updated ingredients, increased the quantity of flavorful dressings, refreshed the packaging and tested each variety to ensure freshness and quality, allowing consumers to feel confident that each bite of Fresh Express Chopped Kits will be an enjoyable experience.”
The Fresh Express Chopped Kits are available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.69.