Sysco Corp., Houston, Texas, announced its 2025 corporate responsibility goals, designed to set a clear path for the future and demonstrate the company’s continued commitment to care for people, supply products responsibly and protect the planet.
“As the global leader in foodservice distribution, it is our responsibility to operate in a manner that meets the needs of our customers today, while producing positive, lasting change,” says Tom Bené, president and CEO. “Our 2025 goals are a solid foundation that further demonstrate our global sustainability commitment. We are leading our industry with our CSR initiatives and by including specific long-term goals that align with our strategic business priorities, we are living our vision of becoming our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.”
Themed Delivering A Better Tomorrow, Sysco’s 2025 responsibility goals are aligned to three focus areas:
Sysco will care for people by giving back, doing good and changing lives in communities; creating a diverse and inclusive work environment; and empowering associates, customers and the next generation to make healthy choices about lifestyles and diet.
- Donate a total of 200 million meals in local communities.
- Contribute a total of $50 million to local communities.
Diversity and inclusion
- Increase total U.S. associate ethnic and gender diversity to 62%.
- Increase spend 25% with women and minority-owned suppliers.
Health and wellbeing
- Expand products in its portfolio with health and wellness benefits.
- Double associate participation in health and wellness programs.
Sysco will supply products responsibly by improving animal welfare in the foodservice industry; minimizing negative environmental, social or ethical impacts when sourcing products; and ensuring that human rights are respected in the company’s operations, as well as the global supply chain.
- Publish Sysco’s Animal Welfare Policy and ensure compliance by all Sysco brand suppliers.
- Identify and develop responsible sourcing commitments for five key commodities.
- Ensure all high-risk suppliers abide by Sysco’s global supplier code of conduct.
Sysco will protect the planet by advancing sustainable agriculture practices, reducing the company’s carbon footprint and diverting waste from landfills to protect and preserve the environment for future generations.
- Double the availability of Sysco brand organic produce.
- Extend its sustainable agriculture program into five fresh crops.
- Reduce the carbon footprint of its fleet and operations by sourcing 20% of electricity from renewable sources and powering 20% of fleet vehicles with alternative fuels.
- Divert 90% of operations and food waste from landfills.