Chiquita's Great White Fleet has acquired 850 new Carrier Transicold PrimeLINE refrigerated containers to support banana and pineapple export operations from Central America. The new PrimeLINE units acquired by Great White Fleet will replace older, less efficient units and will be installed on new 40-foot high-cube containers to ship bananas and pineapples from Central America to Europe and North America.
The PrimeLINE unit features:
- Efficient performance, owing to its use of an energy-conserving digital scroll compressor.
- Fast temperature pull-down.
- Tight temperature control within +/- 0.25 degree Celsius.
- High air-flow attributed to its aerospace-inspired fan design.
- Excellent cost of ownership thanks to its efficiency and rugged design.
As Great White Fleet handles the majority of maintenance with its own technicians, the PrimeLINE unit’s ease of serviceability and availability of parts from Carrier Transicold depots in ports are also important in limiting the refrigerated units’ downtime.