How do you translate world taste trends into menu concepts? What’s the latest thinking on reduced sodium or gluten-free products? These are just a few of the product development topics promised at the National Restaurant Association’s (restaurant.org) annual Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show scheduled May 16-19 at Chicago’s McCormick Place. A 65-session educational program features many product development topics, including:
- On the Menu: What’s Hot, What’s Not and What’s Next
- Sodium and the Healthy Plate
- The Breakfast Daypart: New Opportunity to Grow Sales
- Translating International Trends into Restaurant Concepts
- Glocalization: Culinology to the Rescue
- Top Restaurant CEOs Reveal Successful Sales Driving Menu Strategies
- Gluten Free on the Menu: Expanding Your Customer Base
- Bringing Restaurant Products to Retail Market
- Power Take-Out!
- Improving Children’s Menus, One Meal at a Time
- Translating Healthy Trends into Retail Profit
- The State of School Nutrition: School Meals Under Financial Pressure.
NRA showcases product development trends, issues
April 3, 2009