DCI Specialty Cheeses
DCI Cheese Co., Richfield, Wis., expanded product offerings for its Nikos, Landana, Alexis de Portneuf and DuVillage 1860 lines.
• Nikos Crumbled Fat Free Feta, available in a 6-ounce cup, allows health-conscious consumers to enjoy traditional, full-flavored feta without the guilt. Nikos Feta in Brine, available in a 4-pound pail, extends the brand’s Mediterranean-styled offerings to discerning foodservice customers. It carries a suggested retail price of $3.99-4.99.
• Landana Red Pesto is a Dutch gouda-styled cheese crafted with tomatoes, oregano and garlic to yield a robust flavor profile. This colorful cheese is available in 7-ounce wedges in re-sealable parchment bags for $11.99.
• Alexis de Portneuf Bleubry marries soft and blue cheeses to produce a temperate flavor that is not too salty and delivers a delicately smooth and creamy texture.
• Crowned “Best Cheese in the World” at the 2009 World Cheese Awards, Alexis de Portneuf Le Cendrillon is a vegetable ash-covered goat cheese that features a smooth ivory body and a semi-strong taste.
• Alexis de Portneuf Saint-Honoré triple crème brie is richly flavored with a smooth texture.
• Alexis de Portneuf Snow Goat’s Triple Cream Brie is Canada’s first triple crème brie made from a combination of goat’s and cow’s milk. This soft-bodied cheese has a rich and creamy body and a ripened surface.
• A Gold winner at the 2011 World Cheese Awards, DuVillage 1860 Moon Dust is a triple crème cheese that is coated in ash. Moon Dust features a harmony of delicate acidity that is accentuated with peppery and buttery hints.
• DuVillage 1860 Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska is a supple, washed-rind cheese with a full-bodied flavor.
The Alexis de Portneuf and DuVillage 1860 items retail for $9.99-13.99.
All of the above items can be found in select retailers nationwide.