Cumberland Farms’ survey shows consumers indulge in ice cream year-round
95% of respondents say they indulge in the treat all year long, regardless of the season.
Cumberland Farms, Framingham, Mass., announced the results of a survey issued to consumers asking their personal preferences about ice cream.
Results are as follows:
- 95% of respondents say they indulge in the treat all year long, regardless of the season.
- In summertime, 46% of respondents say they eat the sweet treat 2-3 times a week, and 11% say they reach for it every day.
- When it comes to the time of day, 79% of respondents agree that the prime time to eat ice cream is during the evening between 5-11 p.m.
- 18% of respondents declared peanut butter cup as their favorite, followed by cookie dough, then fruity flavors like strawberry.
- 27% of respondents ranked chocolate syrup as their favorite topping, followed closely by whipped cream at 20%.
- Nearly 60% of respondents eat ice cream out of a dish or cone vs. just digging in straight from the carton.