Smithfield Foods launches plant-based protein portfolio
Smithfield Foods, Inc., Smithfield, Va., launched a plant-based protein portfolio under the company’s Pure Farmland brand. The new line comes in a variety of breakfast patties, meatballs, burger patties and pre-seasoned protein starters.
The new Pure Farmland soy-based line is made with natural flavors, are gluten and dairy free and serve as a good source of protein.
The new Pure Farmland items include:
- Simply Seasoned Plant-Based Burger Patties
- Plant-Based Burger Patties with Dairy Free Cheddar Alternative
- Homestyle Plant-Based Meatballs
- Italian Style Plant-Based Meatballs with Dairy Free Parmesan Alternative
- Savory Original Plant-Based Breakfast Patties
- Maple Plant-Based Breakfast Patties
- Simply Seasoned Plant-Based Protein Starters
- Mild Italian Style Plant-Based Protein Starters
“We’re thrilled to announce the launch of this new product portfolio under our Pure Farmland brand. We’ve been exploring the alternative protein space, and have taken our time to get it right,” says John Pauley, chief commercial officer. “With this launch, we are bringing together our expertise in creating market-leading food products, our organizational commitment to sustainability and our deep understanding of ‘flexitarian’ consumers, to deliver a broad variety of flavorful plant-based protein choices that consumers want and can afford at a great value.”
Pure Farmland products come in sustainable packaging with trays made from more than 50% recycled material, and are available in the fresh, refrigerated sections of grocery retailers nationwide.