Chobani, LLC, Norwich, N.Y., unveiled a major brand evolution in celebration of its 10th anniversary with new wordmark, packaging design and new product introductions.
"We make yogurt, but our business is wellness—for the fans who enjoy our products to the communities we operate in," says Peter McGuinness, chief marketing and commercial officer. "As we approached 10 years as a national brand, we spent the past 10 years focusing on the impact our company can and does have on communities across America, using food as a force for good. That's framing how we're looking at the next decade, and our new packaging is the first glimpse into that. It's a beautiful translation of our brand and our purpose that moves us closer to becoming a food-focused wellness company."
To bring this vision to life for consumers, Chobani launched an evolution of the brand's creative expression—Fighting for Happily Ever After—which shapes everything from the brand's packaging, website and campaigns to its cafés and more.
Chobani's in-house creative team spent more than a year developing the evolved brand look and feel.
The new creative will be supported by a robust integrated campaign, including online video, shopper marketing and social and PR programs.
Beginning in December, Chobani is also rolling out its first-ever regional offering, Chobani with a Hint Of—a simply crafted, blended Greek yogurt made with only natural ingredients, hand-selected varietal real fruits and spices. A Hint Of comes in Madagascar Vanilla Cinnamon, Wild Blueberry, Monterey Strawberry, Gili Cherry and Alphonso Mango flavors. A Hint Of will be available first in Pacific, Northeast and Florida markets for a suggested retail price of $1.49 per 5.3-ounce cup, and expand to national distribution in July 2018.
Chobani is also expanding its offerings across existing product platforms, including:
- Chobani Smooth Strawberry Banana and Mixed Berry. Two popular flavors added to Chobani's first-ever non-Greek yogurt platform.
- Chobani Flip Honey Crunch Bunch. Inspired by the Post Consumer Brand’s cereal brand, it features honey yogurt, corn flakes, honey oat bunches and glazed pumpkin seeds.
- Chobani Flip Tropical Daybreak. Offering steady morning energy with pineapple coconut yogurt, ancient grain clusters, coconut chips and dried pineapple.
- Chobani Whole Milk Vanilla Chocolate Chunk. Delicate dark chocolate chunks folded into a rich, creamy, Madagascar vanilla yogurt.
- Limited Batch Chobani Cherry Vanilla Blended. Combined two of the company’s popular flavors into a blended yogurt.
- Limited Batch Chobani Mint Chocolate Chunk. Creamy mint yogurt blended with chocolate pieces to deliver a more nutritious snack that's packed with protein.
- Limited Batch Chobani Flip Buttercrunch Blast. Features the crunchy candy bar goodness of toffee pieces, peanut butter clusters, chocolate cookies and roasted peanuts tumbled into a delicious chocolate yogurt.