Report reveals 10 key trends impacting e-commerce packaging strategies
TricorBraun offers insights on consumer and retail trends influencing e-commerce packaging strategies.
TricorBraun, Oak Brook, Ill., released a new report detailing the top consumer and retail trends consumer packaged goods (CPG) brand owners need to know when developing an e-commerce packaging strategy.
In the white paper, “10 Key Trends Impacting Your Ecommerce Packaging Strategy Now,” TricorBraun offers insights on consumer and retail trends influencing e-commerce packaging strategies, such as:
- Consumers live in an omni-channel world with micro-moments transforming the way we shop.
- Consumers lead nomadic lives.
- Consumers are increasingly turning to subscription services for CPG purchases.
- With smart home assistants, the future of retail has arrived.
- Consumers’ desire for availability and speed pave the way for self-service innovations.
- Unboxing: Product delivery turned social occasion.
- Consumers search for peace.
- Made for me.
- Concept stores elevate the retail experience.
- Packaging with visual appeal is valuable.
“Many CPG teams tell us they are simply repurposing shelf packaging for e-commerce channels with little change, and that’s a huge risk,” says Becky Donner, senior vice president of marketing, design and engineering and author of the white paper. “Developing an e-commerce packaging strategy starts with understanding the consumer trends and retail shifts that influence the consumer experience, so your packaging not only connects with consumers, but [also] outperforms their expectations. A positive consumer experience leads to repeat purchases, and ultimately, brand loyalty.”