Alfa Laval, Richmond, Va., upgraded its ALTB agitator to provide enhanced process efficiency and product safety.
The agitator, with bottom support, can be sized for almost any application in both atmospheric and pressurized tanks, providing high flexibility in mechanical design. The bottom support offers a number of benefits, including:
- Lower friction, resulting in reduced wear groove and longer lifetime.
- Rotation independent. Safe operation with no risk of parts breaking.
- Hygienic design according to EHEDG guidelines for superior product safety.
- Temperature-resistant up to 150°C. Less expansion, remaining tight at high temperature differences.
- Improved hygienic design makes it easier to install, clean, inspect and maintain. No lifting of shaft.
Alfa Laval, Inc.