US Foods Holding Corp., Rosemont, Ill., launched Summer Scoop 2019, showcasing 21 innovative products designed to help independent restaurant operators keep up with today’s busy diners.
“We recently surveyed more than 500 independent restaurant operators, and found that only 53% felt confident in their ability to utilize delivery services,” says Stacey Kinkaid, vice president, product development and innovation. "Right now, we know that delivery and on-the-go dining is causing major shifts in the restaurant world. In fact, more than 80% of consumers report using services that let them enjoy restaurant food outside of the restaurant, at least monthly. This Summer Scoop lineup gives our customers the tools, the products and the confidence they need to provide delivery, take-out, grab-and-go and retail solutions for anytime, anywhere dining.”
Convenience meets environmentally conscious
Summer Scoop features an assortment of sustainable options, including bowls. Highlights include:
- Monogram Molded Fiber Bowl. This bowl is 100% compostable and Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI)-certified, sustainably made from molded wheat fiber and can be used for hot and cold meals. It’s also a Serve Good product, meeting rigorous criteria set by US Foods for responsible sourcing or waste reduction.
- Monogram Wheat Fiber Soufflé Cup. This Serve Good item is used for sauces, dips, dressings and other condiments. It is 100% compostable, made from molded wheat fiber as well as BPI certified.
- Monogram Pulp Folding Container. This item is 100% compostable, BPI-certified and is designed with a double-locking system that requires no lid. This Serve Good product comes in a 32-ounce size.
On-the-go proteins and greens
Summer Scoop offers many labor-saving and on-trend items perfect for delivery, including fully cooked and pre-sliced meats and pre-washed produce options. Highlights include:
- Chef’s Line All Natural Hickory Smoked Diced Pork Belly. This slow-cooked meat is smoked for four hours, and meets the standards of US Foods’ Unpronounceables List initiative aimed at producing products with simple, more recognizable ingredients.
- Patuxent Farms All Natural Sliced Fire Grilled Chicken Breast. Helping restaurant owners with quick preparation and consistent portioning, this flame-seared whole muscle chicken breast is fully cooked with defined grill marks and comes pre-sliced.
- Cross Valley Farms Baby Leaf and Herb Mix. This pre-washed, ready-to-use product contains parsley and dill for an aromatic mix that can be used in a variety of applications, from salads to burger toppers.
Summer Scoop features several snack and dessert grab-and-go products designed to reduce labor. Highlights include:
- Chef’s Line Lemon Loaf Cake Slice. This item is made with the juice of California lemons, complies with US Foods’ Unpronounceables List initiative and comes pre-sliced and pre-wrapped for grab-and-go usage.
- Chef’s Line Chocolate Banana Swirled Loaf Cake Slice. Pre-sliced and pre-wrapped, this product is made with ripened whole bananas, midnight cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate.
Report Abusive Comment