2018 was filled with many newsworthy buzzwords. Blockchain technology, artificial intelligence and automated solutions filled the headlines, while consumers voted with their dollars, opting for better-for-you products that donned bold flavor profiles and came packaged in 100% recyclable cartons.
Likewise, Refrigerated & Frozen Foods remained on trend, publishing case studies, market trends reports and industry expert columns that discussed and revealed problem-solving solutions in the cold food and beverage industry.
Here’s a list of the Top 10 most read articles at www.RFFmag.com from Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2018.
- Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ annual Best New Retail Products contest nabbed the No. 1 spot of most visited articles, claiming 24,323 pageviews. Keep an eye out for this year’s contest in March.
- ProYo, Santa Barbara, Calif., unveiled a rebranding of its name to Swell Ice Cream.
- Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ annual Top 150 Frozen Foods Processors report placed No. 3 in most visited articles in 2018. Please keep an eye out for the 2019 report in our March 2019 issue.
- Eggland’s Best, Cedar Knolls, N.J., released Cage-Free Omelets.
- Sysco Corp., Houston, Texas, was named Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ 2018 Foodservice Distributor of the Year. CLICK HERE to submit a nomination for our 2019 Foodservice Distributor of the Year.
- Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ annual Top 25 Refrigerated Foods Processors report ranked No. 6 in most visited articles in 2018. Look for our 2019 report in the January 2019 issue.
- Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ 2018 State of the Industry report claimed the No. 7 most visited article online. Check out our 2019 report come July 2019.
- The future of forklifts grabbed readers’ attention, as it discussed trends impacting the material handling sector, such as self-driving forklifts, blockchain technology, ergonomic designs, virtual reality and lithium-ion batteries.
- The future of high-pressure processing held at the No. 9 spot, providing a snapshot into how the widespread application of HPP continues to boost the development and demand of new product development.
- Powered by MHI, Charlotte, N.C., MODEX 2018 delivered opportunities to future-proof food processing plants.