Ahh… the New Year—new beginnings, new promises, new ways of doing business.
To get you started on the right foot, here’s a list of Top 10 New Year’s resolutions.
1. Be more transparent. Not because the government wants you to, but because your consumers need you to.
2. Millennials are the future. Many studies prove that Millennials’ buying power is stronger than any demographic, ever. Don’t just listen to today’s Millennials—hire them, work with them and allow them to be a part of the future of your company.
3. Take care of your employees. Not just company picnics and potlucks—I’m talking worker safety, further education and providing a suitable environment that employees enjoy.
4. Invest in the future. Whether it be robotics, automation, IoT or other cutting-edge technologies, spend the money today to reap the benefits tomorrow.
5. Try and try again. If a new product introduction fails, doesn’t mean the next one will.
6. Listen to your consumers. Consumers hold the key to the success of your company. If they want bolder flavors or more portable packaging, find a way to deliver.
7. Sustainability sells. From recyclable packaging to LEED certifications to giving back to the community, sustainability sells.
8. Enforce food safety from the top down. Food safety isn’t just about producing safe foods; it’s about ensuring that all components of your supply chain—from farm to fork—abide by the strictest of food safety regulations.
9. Join industry organizations. Become a member, attend and exhibit at conferences and tradeshows, make yourself and your company available to obtain new contacts and learn new ways of doing business.
10. Subscribe to Refrigerated & Frozen Foods magazine. Receive up-to-date information on trends, technologies, solutions and services impacting the future of the cold food industry.