There’s a new guy on the block and he’s not messing around.
The Screamin’ Sicilian brand frozen pizza, from Palermo Villa, Inc., Milwaukee, Wis., is taking over freezers in Milwaukee supermarkets. The pizzas are over-topped with ingredients straight from farmers and purveyors of America’s Dairyland.
“Screamin’ Sicilian was created to fill a specific niche for craft pizza that is unlike anything pizza lovers had previously seen in the grocery store,” says Giacomo Fallucca, founder. “This is a frozen pizza that goes beyond frozen pizzas to a level that consumers needed to go to a pizzeria for—until now. Screamin’ Sicilian is created with care like one of the first craft beers when they hit the beer category, and we expect it to have the same effect.”
Screamin’ Sicilian brings together ingredients with over-the-top flavors atop a stone-fired, artisan crust. Each crust is then smothered with a zesty, proprietary sauce made with vine-ripened tomatoes.
Available varieties include:
- Bessie’s Revenge (Cheese): This pizza is a monument to cheesiness with ridiculous amounts of shredded fresh mozzarella and white cheddar cheese. The pie is then topped with freshly cut, buffalo-style mozzarella cheese smuggled purchased from the finest cheese purveyors in Wisconsin. Then, it’s topped with a final layer of grated, aged Parmesan and Romano cheese.
- Boss Hog (Italian Sausage): The secret-recipe tomato sauce is seasoned with real garlic, then topped with heaping mounds of Wisconsin whole milk mozzarella cheese and grated, aged Parmesan and Romano cheeses and savory Italian sausage.
- Holy Pepperoni!: Screamin’ Sicilian Holy Pepperoni! is piled with spicy, chopped, thick-cut pepperoni, sauce and heaping piles of shredded whole milk Wisconsin mozzarella cheese.
- Mambo Italiano! (Italian Combination): This pie is stacked with ridiculous amounts of whole milk mozzarella, rough-chopped, thick-cut pepperoni and huge Italian meatballs.
- Supremus Maximus (Supreme): Supremus Maximus is dressed in the finest whole milk mozzarella cheese, heaping piles of rough-chopped, thick-cut pepperoni and enormous orbs of Italian sausage steeped with seasonings and spices. Then, it’s finished with strips of fire-roasted onions, red and yellow bell peppers and black olives.
Screamin’ Sicilian pizzas are currently available in select grocery stores and retailers in Chicago and Milwaukee for a suggested retail price of $8.99 each.